Job Title: Shipping/Receiving Associate
Supervisor: Parts Manager
Handle all duties relative to parts and accessories receipt and shipment. Assist in the maintenance of inventory accuracy and control inventory related records. Perform related duties as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility for performing all functions related to the Receiving of parts and merchandise for all departments.
- Secondary responsibility consists of serving in the capacity of Inventory Control representative for both the P&A and General Merchandise Departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that all merchandise is properly received, accounted for, and tagged properly and made available for sale in a timely manner.
- Responsible for maintaining an accurate and up-to-date reference of inventory supply information for easy access by all department staff.
- Provide direct support and hands-on assistance to the P&A and Gen. Merchandise Managers in the markup, sale and disposal of merchandise.
- Maintain accurate, current inventory records.
- Possess a friendly, outgoing personality and professional customer service oriented attitude.
- Demonstrate the commitment to continually develop product knowledge.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Knowledge and experience in the motorcycle industry and products sold by the dealership, or the demonstrated ability to quickly learn them.
- Basic knowledge of inventory control. Must have an approachable, likable personality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and outstanding follow-through skills.
- Experience with computer software or the ability to quickly learn due to experience with other systems.
- 1 year of previous experience in shipping department preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Attention to detail.
- Requires the use of both hands.
- Frequently required to bend, climb, stoop, crouch, reach, handle tools and lift 50lbs of material.
- Requires standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Potential exposure to battery acid, gasoline, chemical cleaning materials or other toxic materials commonly found in a motor vehicle service department.
- Occasionally exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts.
In addition to the outlined essential job functions, the employee is required to complete all additional tasks assigned by his/her supervisor, as the supervisor sees fit for the position. Failure to comply will result in immediate discipline at the discretion of dealership management.
I have read and understand the duties, responsibilities and qualifications of this position and acknowledge that I can perform the essential functions of the job with or without an accommodation.
Employee Signature Date
Management Signature Date